As the certified non-profit economic development corporation serving Chittenden County, GBIC is dedicated to implementing our vision: a thriving Lake Champlain region with an economic environment providing meaningful employment consistent with an uncompromised natural environment, enabling present and future generations of Vermonters to live, learn, work, and play in the Champlain Valley.
GBIC strives to attract, retain, and expand environmentally sensitive high-paying jobs in the Champlain Valley; and to initiate and support advocacy, education, and collaborative programs in promoting our Vision.
Chittenden County and the greater Burlington area is the largest economic driver in Vermont and home to a number of nationally recognized employers including high-tech powerhouse, GLOBALFOUNDRIES; culture icon, Burton; and website design giant, Dealer.com.
Set against the backdrop of the majestic Green Mountains, high peaks of the Adirondacks, and peaceful Lake Champlain, the region has been able to claim itself as a premier place to raise a family, enjoy some of the country’s best outdoor adventures, and maintain a true work/life balance. This, in conjunction with it’s proximity to Boston and Montreal and the added bonus of an international airport (Burlington International Airport), has made the greater Burlington area a highly attractive location for employers in which to grow their businesses.
Recently, Burlington has been nationally ranked as one of
- “America’s Top 10 Greatest Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- the “Top 10 Tech Hubs” by Techie.com
- the “Underrated Tech Hub to Watch” by Brookings’
- America’s “Happiest Small City” in a Gallop Poll Survey
and over the years, has gained recognition as
- one of “America’s Best Adventure Towns” by National Geographic
- one of the “Best Cities for the Next Decade” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- one of the “Ten Prettiest Towns in America” by Forbes.com
- the “Healthiest U.S. City” by the Centers for Disease Control
- one of the “Top 20 High-Tech Metros” by the Atlantic
one of America’s “10 Cities with the Lowest Unemployment Rate” by 24/7 Wall Street
COVID-19 Information and Resources from ACCD... Read MoreFebruary 1, 2021
Restart Vermont Technical Assistance Program (ReVTA)... Read MoreSeptember 29, 2020
NEW ORDER FROM GOVERNOR PHIL SCOTT CONTINUES PHASED RE-OPENING; EXPANDS HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES, INCLUDING MANDATORY TRAINING... Read MoreApril 24, 2020
GOVERNOR PHIL SCOTT OUTLINES PRINCIPLES AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR A PHASED RESTART OF VERMONT ECONOMY... Read MoreApril 17, 2020